- BC/BS PPO, EPO, or Federal (all federal policies start with “R”)
- Aetna- HMO, POS, PPO
- Cigna policies that begin with the letter “U”
- GWH (Great West Health, part of Cigna)
- Humana- HMO, POS, PPO
- United Healthcare and UHC Student Resources
- All Savers (UHC network)
* We accept all of these policies. That does not mean insurance will definitely pay for the visit. All deductibles must be met, reason for visit must be covered, and procedure and diagnostic codes must be perfect before insurance will pay a claim. There is no way to know all this before each patient’s visit at our type of office. Patients should be involved and familiar with their insurance company to stay on top of claim payment and know what their financial responsibility will be.
We do not accept:
- BC/BS HMO, POS, Pathway X
- United Health One
- Golden Rule (even though it is part of UHC)
*We do not accept these policies under any circumstances. If you are confused about a policy, use additional resources to identify any missing information (availtity, customer service call, optum, etc). If you are not confident that we take a policy, have the patient pay out of pocket. If they INSIST insurance will cover, they should have no problem filing themselves. Do not take a patient’s word for policy information, “The card says HMO, but I know it’s a PPO.” Have them call customer service and let the insurance company explain the policy.